Monday, December 03, 2007

BAD SAMARITAN

I helped an elderly blind man get into the Zabars’ Café this morning. He had his stick to guide him to the front door but he couldn’t figure out how to get in. He was pulling on the left side of the door handle bar rather than pushing on the right side to open it.

So I come along and I push the door for him and hold it open as he walks in clicking his cane on the floor.

He stops suddenly as soon as he enters and I touch him lightly on the arm and say kindly, “Would you like me to show you where the line for coffee is?”

“PLEASE, he snapped at me, NO HANDS.”

And before I could utter another word he snapped again, “Now that you’ve learned it, don’t forget it!”

“Thank you”, I replied and left him standing there to find his own way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home